The BIA Legend
The legendary pioneer of bio-electrical impedance testing, referenced in more than 1000 scientific publications in a variety of medical and scientific fields, BIA101 has evolved as our reference bio-impedance device, validated against worldwide gold standards.
- Our reference class device in medical and scientific bio-impedance testing
- Comprehensively validated analysis of body composition
- Unique evaluation of nutrition and hydration state by Biavector® und Biagram®
- NEW: Nutrigram® und Hydragram®
- Includes Bodygram PLUS software und accessories
- Most modern technology with Lithium-Ion battery
- Medically certified in Europe (medical CE) and the USA (FDA)
The phase sensitive BIA 101 measures Resistance (Rz) and Reactance (Xc) of human tissue by a low-voltage, non-susceptible current yielding reliable test data and results within seconds. Phase angle and body compartments are derived by the Bodygram PLUS software through medically validated algorithms. Concise but impressive reports and narrative interpretations are available to the professional user, patients and clients.
An integral part of the Bodygram PLUS software, Biavector® und Biagram® are indispensible clinical tools allowing an at-a-glance analysis of nutrition and hydration states as well as therapy follow-up. While the determination of body compartments depends on entered co-predictors such as weight, age, and gender, BiaVector and BiaGram represent results based on factual BIAmeasurement only. This clinically validated and meanwhile widely practiced method facilitates body analysis also under difficult conditions, e.g. in obesity, nephrology, oncology, and cardiology.
With BIA101 and Bodygram PLUS, weight changes can be interpreted easily and reliably indicated in modifications of fluid, cell or fat compartments. BIA101 is particularly suited to follow hydration states in haemodialysis, to analyse emergency and ICU conditions, as well as optimize nutritional or physical activity programs.
Operating BIA101 is as simple as 1-2-3: Special skin electrodes are placed on the hand and foot of one body side, connected to the BIA101 instrument by electrode cables. Resistance and reactance are immediately displayed on the device and can be entered manually into the BodyGram PLUSsoftware or transferred via USB adaptor to your PC.
Specifications BIA 101
- Dimensions (device): approx. 25×15×11 cm
- Weight (device): approx. 1 kg
- Measuring current: 0.4 mA constant at 50 kHz
- Internal power supply: Lithium-Ion battery, rechargeable
- Operation time: up to 12 hours uninterrupted
- Measuring Range Resistance: 0…999 Ohm
- Measuring Range Reactance: 0…100 Ohm
- Display: LED
- Status indicators for current, signal, battery, skin
- Auto switch off
- USB port
CE 0051 Medical Device Class II A according to EU norms 93/42/CEE, EN 60601-1-2, EN 46000, EN 55011, ENV50140, IEC 1000-4-3
Degree of protection: Instrument with internal power supply Type B
Scope of Delivery
- BIA101 instrument
- Electrode cable set with spare clips
- USB cable
- Test circuit
- Bodygram PLUS software
- 100 BIA electrodes
- Transport case
BIA101 is a product of Akern bioresearch srl, Pontassieve, Florence, Italy. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. © 2014-16